Whichever side of the political aisle you prefer, there’s one thing we can all agree on: When government fails to serve and protect its citizens, the results are disastrous. How do we address the perception—and perhaps the reality—that government performance is the problem as well as the solution?
The Public Sector Consortium provides public sector leaders with actionable tools that create and sustain high-performing public organizations. More than just a Band-Aid or interim consultancy, our work reshapes the way public leaders approach governance and the provision of public services.
Working with public sector leaders at the federal, state, and local levels as well as in public education, we facilitate sustainable leadership practices that:
- Balance operational demands with learning and innovation
- Support integrative versus additive approaches to societal needs
- Honor a systems approach
- Promote interdependent leadership practices
- Provide accountability and measurable results
- Balance the complexity of the work with achieving outcomes
History reveals that democracies flourish only when nurtured by healthy and competent civil service. Strong public institutions that positively affect the quality of our daily lives depend on excellent leadership at all levels. To facilitate the development of great leaders, the Public Sector Consortium provides a system of learning that includes Formal Learning Programs, a Community of Practice, Onsite Consulting, and Coaching Services.
What sets us apart?
- Our faculty includes well-recognized subject matter experts and public sector practitioners.
- Participant leaders learn in teams.
- Classroom work is followed by the mentored application of skills to innovation projects.
- Programs are designed for cross-agency learning and communication, providing a more holistic learning environment and impactful outcomes.
Our Community of Practice’s First Friday dialogue sessions are free teleconferences focused on topics related to public leadership. Learn more about the Community of Practice here.