Facilitation Practices for Leaders
- Develop core leadership facilitation skills through practice and feedback.
- Gain strategies for starting any group interaction and maintaining civility.
- Learn to structure empowerment and responsibility when using group decision making.
- Practice strategies for dealing with resistance and distractions.
- Experience intervention tools for bringing projects and teams back on track.
- Learn how to manage group energy and ensure full participation.
- Use a planning tool to ensure effective group interaction and results.
- Leave the program prepared to apply the leadership practices and become more effective.
Systems Thinking Practices for Leaders
- Learn the value of systems thinking as an essential practice for citizen/public leaders.
- Learn to use systems mapping for: diagnostic understanding of the current reality, strategic resource investments, briefing others, building the team, and coaching individuals.
- Discover how assumptions and beliefs (mental models) play a significant role in what we see and hear and how this affects the organizational systems.
- Understand accumulations and delays as a means of developing leadership capacity for foresight and intervention.
- Learn to use systemic inquiry to help teams think about intended and unintended outcomes of their decisions.
- Understand the purpose of public leadership as it relates to the Tragedy of the Commons systems map.
- Gain significant progress in mapping a specific workplace challenge.
Negotiation Strategies Learning Objectives
- Establish a negotiation framework for understanding the dynamics, steps, and skills for effective negotiation.
- Practice and improve upon key skills in negotiation.
- Improve the analysis of and preparation for negotiations through creating value for both sides.
- Apply general negotiation concepts to specific workplace examples and challenges.
- Receive peer feedback on negotiation skills and strategy.
Strategic Alignment for High Performance
- Learn the importance of a whole system approach to organizational performance.
- Learn how to create inspirational work environments and to overcome structural barriers to achieve results.
- Learn what is required when complexity increases, external conditions shift, and systems/structures don’t support your goals and mission.
- Learn the importance of strategic leadership partnerships and interdependent leadership skills.
- Learn to write outcome based critical job elements that identify the end-users, measures, indicators, and assumptions for work and stretch goals.
- Learn how to write an outcome based strategy for your unit that is aligned with your organizational mission.
- Learn the use of creative tension and organizational learning tools in achieving mission results.
Back To Top