The Public Sector Consortium’s Community of Practice
The Public Sector Consortium encourages peer learning, where participants become their own best resource. To this end, the Public Sector Consortium extended the original Community of Practice which started in 1995 to a larger audience as an ongoing forum for public sector leaders to share their practical experiences and continue their learning after attending one of the formal learning programs.
The Community of Practice sponsors a monthly open forum (via conference call) for leaders in the public sector to focus on issues of public leadership. Participants share experience and knowledge as they introduce organizational learning disciplines and other new practices into their work place. Their fresh perspectives often yield valuable insight, advice and solutions to challenges that face public leaders everyday.
This community helps those who have participated in the formal programs to continue their learning, as they face the challenge of turning knowledge into practical day-to-day applications and improved performance.
We welcome new partners who wish to continuously develop themselves as public leaders and at the same time are willing to help others do the same.
For further information on the Public Sector Consortium’s Community of Practice, please feel free to contact:
- Agency for International Development
- American Society for Training and Development
- Council for Excellence in Government
- Department of Education
- Department of State
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Fairfax, VA County Government
- Federal Training Officers Conference
- Food and Drug Administration
- Internal Revenue Service
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Association of Public Administration
- National Institute of Health
- National Partnership for Reinventing Government
- National Science Foundation
- National Security Agency
- President’s Management Council
Awards, Recognition, and Publications:
- National Academy for Public Administration, A Work Experience Second to None: Impelling the Best to Serve, Practice 11 – Becoming a Learning Organization at the Department of Education, Sept. 2001. (202) 347-3190
- Publication Grant, Price Waterhouse Cooper Endowment for the Business of Government, A Learning-Approach to Leading Change, Dec 2000
- Distinguished Service to the Federal HRD Community, Training Officer’s Conference
- Hammer Award as part of the National Reinvention of Government effort